Pages

Friday 17 November 2017

kates 3d printing design

This is my design for an iphone case. The first thing we had to do was make a box the size of a phone. Then we made a chamfer and fillets on the edges. A chamfer is a straight cornered edge. The fillet edge is a curved corner as you can see on the corners of my design.

 You need a box shape and also you need a cylinder-hole. Next I put the cylinder in the corner then I duplicated the corner x4 and put it on the edge and turned it into a round edge and now it in the shape of a phone case. After we made the case we put holes in it because you need a hole to see the camera.

 They were really confusing to make because you had to get the right shapes and and the right size so it wouldn't be too small. The 3d printers must not have got the design because the first two printings had not worked it had turned into scribbles but jordan's worked. To make this iphone case I had to use the app tinkercad. To use tinkercad you had to control the shapes it was really fun. Thank you to a guy called fashied he taught us how to program and make the designs for the 3d printers. The easiest part was when the 3d printer was printing because I didn't have to program it I just had to watch it.

 The next time I do another 3d printing I will make my phone case with the buttons or I will make a different design and the design will be a rubix cube. For my rubix cube I would make it blue and add colorful stickers because rubix cubes need stickers to solve the rubix cube.

No comments:

Post a Comment